Monday, March 29, 2010

Fantabulous Weekend!

I'm soooo loving this warmer weather even though it was stinkin' windy this weekend! We had a great time this weekend. Chris and I took the kids to Mom's Fri evening so we could have a nice dinner sans kids. So nice to spend some time just the two of us, even if it's just to steal away for dinner. I'm thinking we need a for real date night soon!

Chris took Caleb to Six Flags Saturday. He was so excited (and Caleb was too!)! We decided after our last trip that Joshua should not go back until he's big enough to ride some bigger rides, you know when he's actually as big as he thinks he is! Anyway, Caleb was fearless the last time we went, and he wanted to hit the Judge Roy Scream right off the bat. Chris told me he should have broken him in a little more slowly, but off they went. As they got to the top of the first big hill on it, Caleb looks at Chris and says, "I don't think this was such a good idea!" Needless to say, that's the only time they rode that one! They had lots of fun and lots of bonding, and the log ride was the best ride of the day.

Meanwhile, Joshua and I lazed around at Mom and Dad's for the day. It was super nice to have no plans and just relax and play. Mom and I tried to go to a couple of shops in town, but it's not a lot of fun with a 2 year old! There's this artsy antique-y store in this old building downtown, and Joshua liked it around the windows, but we couldn't go down the inside rows cause it's too "cary" (scary) down that way! Then Evan got to come play in the afternoon. Big times at Nana's house!

Yesterday, we went on an Easter egg hunt at the church where my great grandparents went (and some of my extended family still attends). Caleb was being a bit lazy and asked me to just put some eggs in his basket and he'd just eat the candy. Excuse me!? I told him if he didn't find eggs himself, he'd get to watch Joshua eat some candy, and he'd be out of luck. So, he decided he'd hunt. Of course, at the end he was super proud of himself for all the eggs he found! He's getting good in his old age! So the parade of candy begins.... Now we have hunts at school later in the week. Definitely will have to weed out most of the candy so I won't eat it!

All in all, it was a great weekend. Now we're back in the routine, and I'm procrastinating from grading papers! Have a great week!

No comments: