Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Awww Moments

So, I, also am behind on Christmas/New Year posting....I'll get to it soon!

For now, Caleb is keeping us on our toes with his inquisitive mind! Sunday night we were eating dinner with our youth pastor and his wife (newly married, no kids!). Here's how the exchage went:
Caleb: Justin, do you know why God made you?

Justin: Why, Caleb?

Caleb: So you could love on him!

Awww! He says he learned this at school, but this is the first I've heard it, and he's been on break. Too sweet. Then when I picked him up at school yesterday, he asked me why God made me. He told me so I could love on Him and He could love on me. I hope he really starts to get this!

Last night, we were laying down for bed when Caleb started another God talk with me. He asked me again why God made us, and we went through it again. It's like he knows I like to hear him say that! Then he asked if God could come to our house. I tried to explain that God is everywhere, but you know how well that goes with a 4 year-old! Here's a bit of that conversation:
Caleb: God doesn't live here. We can't see him.

Me: We can't see God, sweetie. He's invisible, but He's everywhere and He sees everything that we do.

Caleb: How is God invisible?

Me: He's God, baby. He can do anything?

At this point, he's a little satisfied.

Caleb: Would God like to play with me?

Me: God loves to watch you play.

Caleb: You think He'd like to play with my big pirate ship?

At this point, he goes off on how God would like all of his toys, so it's pretty much over! How sweet that he's getting interested in God. Please, God, help me to teach him well!

On a totally non-spiritual note, Joshua's vocabulary is starting to develop. He's trying to form words and can, but he's a bit stubborn about it sometimes. The other night he just decided to be a little ham when we tried to get him to perform. He's learned "Nana" (my mom), and when I tried to get him to say it for a friend of mine, he got his mischievious little grin and growled it. It sounded so evil, but totally hilarious! When we laughed, he just kept on going. Every word we asked him to say was growled. He's such a goofball! I hope I can get that on video soon!

No comments: