Sunday, January 25, 2009

Nasty Gunk!

Do kids have this uncanny sense to get sick a couple of weeks before the new health insurance kicks in? I think Joshua knows! Yesterday his runny nose got nastier and nastier. He sounds so nasty. It's like there's all this gunk that he needs to cough up but won't. I guess I can't ask too much for an 18 month old! So he started running fever last night and this morning it was up to 101.5, and it was no church for us. We went off to the doctor. Thankfully, no ear infection, just an upper respiratory infection. Thankfully, this is my child who LOVES his medicine, so it's no problem getting his antibiotic down! You can tell he's sick because he's actually sitting down some today (this is my running child!) and he gets out of breath when he does try to run around! Pray that Caleb doesn't catch the bug!

Not much else is happening in the George household. Memaw and Papa (Chris's parents) arrived for a visit last night, so the kids are totally pumped about playing with them. Caleb is into coloring this week. Yesterday he colored an entire coloring book! He's working on staying in the lines. Now if we could move onto using multiple colors! He uses only one color per picture! So weird! So we have purple snowmen and yellow dogs, etc. Anyway, he told Memaw that he needed a new coloring book today, so they had to take a trip to Wal-Mart for some new stuff. He's now working on the new dinosaur book! He also got this Cars drawing book that you can draw on and then erase. Pretty neat! He's doing very well with his drawing, too. I'm impressed with some of the stuff he's drawn on his magna doodle this week. It's amazing how you can see the effect your praise has on him. We're all like that; it's just magnified in 4 year olds! I love his face when I tell him how great his drawings/color pages are. It's so sweet. I love being a mommy!

Now we're gearing up for a new week. My sophomores (nursing students) take care of their very first patient this week....they're terrified! Pray for sanity!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

And how are YOU feeling?

Julie said...

I got sick at the end of the week (in the freezing cold!), but I'm doing better now!