Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Scoop

So I haven't updated in over a month, and there have been all kinds of changes going on around here. First, the move...

Our last Sunday is next week. I have less than 2 weeks left in the state of Arkansas. Kind of hard to believe! I'm excited to move, but I've made some great friends up here, and I'll miss them bunches!

Suprisingly, we're not moving to Albuquerque. We're moving back to Fairfield (my hometown). I'm going to be a Texan again! Before we went to visit in Albuquerque, we began figuring out what it would take to make it out there. We were starting a new church movement from scratch and needed good jobs out there to make it work. What we were finding were not conducive to a good family life. The kids would be in daycare too much, and the schools are not exactly what I want my kiddos in! If we mess up with these boys, our mission work is in vain, so we decided to go to Albuquerque to see if that was really what God was doing, or if He would open up other options. While talking with the missionary we'd be working with, we really found clarity in what we should do. We would love to work with Anthony and Mary, but right now we'd be going for the climate, the mountains, and the fellowship, not because we have this huge burden for Albuquerque.

In the meantime, we talked about moving back home and serving and ministering to others the way we feel like God would have us to but without all the ministerial constraints of being paid for it. While we were in Albuquerque, I spoke with my nursing school, who had been on a hiring freeze, and they had just that day opened a full time postion and were super happy to talk to me about it. So, it's looking like I'll be teaching at UT Tyler this fall. I just have to complete the application process. Chris is pursuing a couple of options and just has to make up his mind what suits him best.

We are so exited about being near family and friends again! I want to catch up with those I haven't been able to really see in a few years! It's going to be a great move for us. I think God is going to do great things with us. We've learned in the last 2 years that you don't have to be in some crazy place to work for the Lord. There are plenty of people in the Bible belt, some who even sit in a pew every Sunday, that don't know Jesus. May God see fit to use me to further His kingdom, wherever he may place me!

No comments: