Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The beach, the zoo, and pirates, too!

It's been a happening week! We went to the beach last Wed. with my parents and grandmother and stayed through the weekend. Such a relaxing, fun time! We stayed on the west end of Galveston, and it was the first time I'd been to Galveston and actually could see my feet when I waded in the water! The sand was even white! Pretty beach, beautiful sunset on the bay side. The condo we were in had a big pool with a waterfall, a kiddie pool, and another big pool with a lazy river. We had tons of fun in those too! The kids had all kinds of adventures in the pool, and I loved watching them run around in the ocean and knocking over their sandcastles as soon as we built them. It was a great time with the fam! Even got to have lunch with a great friend in Houston on the way home!

When we went shopping on the strand, Mom bought the boys pirate hats and swords. So cute! They're still playing with them! Joshua only knows Veggie Tales' The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything, and he would come up to us with his hat and sword and say "Pi-at Yang-yang!" (His version of the pirates who don't do anything!) So precious!

Yesterday we made a trip to the Waco zoo with Rebecca and kids. The new orangutan (did I spell that right?) and kimodo dragon exhibit was open. Caleb and Kellen had a big time together. We saw lots of great animals and had a fun picnic in the park afterwards. Great ( but HOT!) day! It's nice to be back in TX where we can spend time with friends and family again!

I started my new job @ UT Tyler-Palestine campus today. I think I'm going to love it. I meet my students tomorrow, but I got to know the faculty/staff a bit today. Looking forward to a great year!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

It was a VERY fun day!! We MUST meet up on a regular basis now. :)