Tuesday, August 25, 2009

No Money :(

My child comes up with the craziest things! We were in Palestine the other day and stopped by a realtor's office to check on houses. Chris went in while the rest of us stayed in the car. I explained to Caleb what his daddy was doing, and he told me that it would be a long time before we could get a house because a house costs "lots of dollars." I asked him why he thought it would be a long time, and he replied, "because we don't have any money!" WHAT!? I asked him why he thought that; did I tell him that a lot or something? His reply: "Yes, Mommy, every time I ask you for a gumball you say you don't have any money!" How funny! True, I rarely have a quarter in my wallet for a gumball, and obviously, one could deduce that I just don't have any money! The way kids' minds work....

In other news, Chris and I are both hard at work (sort of!) this week. My students start back tomorrow, but my first class isn't till Thurs. Caleb starts preK next Monday. I'm a bit anxious about that, but I know he'll do great! I'm just ready to get settled into our routine (as if that'll ever happen)!!

No comments: