Saturday, August 08, 2009

Texans Again!

We made it! Chris and I traveled all day yesterday....what a long trip with no one in the car to talk to! I made it OK once I found a great 80s station to sing along with (and dance to a little when I got really tired!). The kids had come in the day before with Chris's parents. That was a great load off for us not to have to travel separately and with the kiddos! It's nice to be home. We're hanging at Mom and Dad's for a few weeks until our house is ready. That should be interesting!

On the kids' trip home (that included 3 of the other grandkids, also), my nephew Nathan asked Caleb why we were moving back to Texas. Caleb looked at him and seriously replied, "Because God wants us to!" What a great answer! We've talked some about our reasons for coming back here, but I'm so glad he realizes that we truly did consider what God wanted for us in making this decision.

He's really starting to question about all this God stuff. The other day he asked me where his little sister was. What??? He asked why God only gave us 2 boys; where was the sister?? I asked him if he really thought he needed another brother or sister, and he was adamant that we needed a sister! Don't know that that will happen, but it's nice to know that Caleb would like it!
Joshua, on the other hand, would probably be completely jealous! He doesn't even like it when I share my lap with Caleb; how would he take a little one?

My little Joshua is one fearless dude. He'll try anything, especially if his big bro does it! Today, he and Caleb were jumping off the couch onto one of those kid sized foam fold out couches. Screaming super heros, the whole thing! So fun to watch them! Then the other day, Chris and the boys were wrestling, and Joshua climbs on my chair and jumps onto Chris! Thankfully, Chris saw what he was doing, and there were no injuries. Anyone see this move on WWE or whatever that wrestling stuff is??? We don't watch that, so he came up with that all on his own!

So much fun having boys.....

No comments: