Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Singin' in the Rain!

Not so much singing, but lots of yelling and playing! It has been POURING here basically for 2 days. I'm getting a bit ready for some sunshine! Anyway, I digress. Caleb and I were at home yesterday evening, and it really started to come down outside. I asked Caleb to open our front door so we could see what it looked like outside. Wow! We had ponds in our front yard! The flower beds were flooded over the sidewalk, and it was just plain wet out there! Caleb looks at me and says, "Can I go out there???" Mind you, he has the cutest look on his face at this moment! It wasn't lightning or anything, so I let him go for it! At first, he just stood at the edge of the porch where the rain was coming off the roof. Then he started running down the sidewalk and back, and then he got adventurous. He was so excited that I let him play in the yard too! He ran out in the grass and slid into our "ponds" and got so stinking muddy, but he was so darn cute! He had the best time! Big time bath after that, but it was a fun time! I just hate that Joshua missed it. Chris had to work late, so they got home about 10 min after we came in.

Joshua wouldn't have cared anyway. He was sleepy when he came in since he had fallen asleep on the way home. Right now he stays with my mother-in-law, which is about 40 min from our house. Chris drops him on his way to work everyday, but that's about to change because there's a spot for him at Caleb's school! He'll start there in a couple of weeks. Anyway, I was making dinner when they came in. By the time I got it on the table (about 5 min after they came in), Joshua had curled up on the floor and fallen asleep! It was just after 7 at this point. I was worried he'd wake up and fight me by 10, but I couldn't get him to wake up! We ended up putting him to bed, and that tired little fella didn't move all night! Must've had a big day at MeMaw's! Thankfully, she feeds him all day, so I didn't feel bad about him missing supper! Maybe I'll get to play with him this evening since he's all rested up....

No comments: