Monday, October 26, 2009

Birthday Parties and Pumpkin Patches






What a wild and crazy weekend! My baby turns 5 this Thursday (the 29th), and we had his party Sat. evening. Of course, I thought I could squeeze all kinds of activities into my day, so we had donuts for breakfast, had to get a few things in town, and of course the cake! Then I went to Fairfield to have lunch with one of my dearest friends, Robin, and her new baby. She's just precious! And you know we talked FOREVER, so I was a bit late getting back to the house to get ready for the party. Thankfully, I had cleaned the house on Fri except for the floors. Those pesky floors always seem to get dirty as soon as I clean them, so I saved them for last. And wouldn't you know it, the party started at 5, and I finished at 4:50!










We had a big time at the party. It was a little schizophrenic this year. I let Caleb pick out what he wanted, and since he likes everything at the moment, we had an Ice Age cake and Transformers party hats. Whatever makes him happy! The whole fam came over. We had lots of playing outside and then in the playroom, lots of food, and fun times visiting. Caleb got some cool stuff, and I asked him if he would take me shopping with his money, to which he responded, "No girl stuff, Mom! Just boy toys!" What a cutie!










Then yesterday, we headed to Canton for the pumpkin patch. For any of you anywhere near Canton, you need to take your kids. It was so much fun! Check it out at cantonchristmastreefarm.com . They had inflatables, kiddie rides, cotton candy (and other food, but who cares when there's cotton candy!), hayrides, face painting, pony rides..... So fun!! Joshua didn't care too much for the helicopter ride once it left the ground, but the train and the cars were great. Of course, Caleb's favorite was the roller coaster. We went with my parents and brother and sis-in-law and kids. My dad and brother liked the pumpkin launcher and the corn cannon the best. It was a beautiful day to be outside, and the kids had a blast. It's so fun to watch your kids enjoy fun stuff and experience new things!










Now we're on the countdown to Halloween and more fun!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Julie--You look beautiful! And your boys are super cute too!!