Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Back in the Real World!

We are still alive! Just been taking a for real Christmas break! Since the only option I have in the sticks for internet service is dial-up, we have no internet at home...so I feel like I've been in another decade for a while! I did steal a few moments here and there on Mom's computer, but for sure not long enough to blog!

Anyway, we had a fantabulous Christmas break! Technically, I was supposed to get 3 weeks off, but I had to come in some last week for new student orientation and work on the lecture I had to do yesterday, so I really only stayed home 2 weeks. The kids (especially Caleb) were thrilled to get to skip school, but now I'm paying for it with Caleb. He's my clingy kid, and he's still adjusting to leaving me at school. Doesn't matter what we say, he still gets upset when I leave! I keep hoping it will get better and not take as long to adjust as it did in the fall! Joshua, on the other hand, could care less if I'm there or not! Independent little booger!

As for our break, we had a great time hanging out with family. The kids got way too many presents, as usual! It's so much fun watching the kids on Christmas morning open their gifts. We're so blessed to have 2 great little boys! Now to work on their thankfulness....

Another big breakthrough during break.....Joshua is now in big boy undies!!! We worked really hard since I had a big chunk of uninterrupted time with him, and he's doing great! He's completely into Cars right now, so when I told him if he started going in the potty good, I'd get him some Cars "shortie boys" (as they're called in the George clan!). He loves his new undies! He can't seem to decide between Lightning McQueen and Mater sometimes though!

Chris and I celebrated our 8th anniversary Dec. 29! That night we just went out to dinner together, but this weekend we took a little trip to the Dallas area to just hang out with each other sans kids! We wanted to go back to San Antonio (where we had our honeymoon), but it was too stinking cold to do all the outside stuff! At least in Dallas, there's stuff to do inside! We saw grown up movies and ate good food and just had a good time reconnecting. It's hard to believe it's been 8 years, and I still adore that crazy guy!!

No comments: