Thursday, January 04, 2007

Holidays

We survived the holidays!!! I was off from the 21st to the 3rd, so that was GREAT!!! Now I'm back at work (YUCK), but that's OK. We had some great times at Christmas. Lots and lots of presents (some that are still in my car)! Caleb got the unwrapping thing down this year. He thought he should open all the presents, so a few of our gifts got given with a few tears in the paper! He figured out that fun stuff was under the paper, so every time I told him we were going to a Christmas party (at MeMaw's or Nana's or Grandma's, etc), he said "I wanna open!" At my mom and dad's, he had way too many gifts (Mom loves to spoil the grandkids!), and at first he opened a couple of toys. The next gift was some clothes, and when he got that opened, he looked up at me and said "NOOO!" and cried! Glad it was my mom's gift, not some random person! He chilled out and was happy again when he found the next toy! He got some great stuff. Lots of Diego toys, animals, cars.....I have no idea where to put it all! Overall, we didn't get too exhausted with all of our running around, a major feat!

We were in Fairfield for New Year's. We had dropped Caleb off at my parents' on Friday so we could go to Dallas for our anniversary......5 years! We had a good, but really wet, time! The weather was pretty nasty. We stayed at the Omni Mandalay in Las Colinas...very nice. They have the canal down there and it's supposed to be really pretty and you can take gondola rides out on the water, but we didn't get to enjoy it because of the rain! Oh well....we still had a good time, just the two of us!

Chris preached at Round Prairie (our old church) on Sun and did a short sermon Sun night before their New Year's festivities. Our plan was to visit for a little bit and head back to Jville, but we got to talking to the kids, and Chris played basketball with them, and we didn't get out of there until 11! We even got to watch some fireworks (HUGE hit with Caleb)! We ended up staying at my parents' house one more night. I think this was the first year in a long time that I was actually awake at midnight!

Caleb is just a complete entertainer. He keeps us laughing all the time. He's really started mimicing what you say. I was just on the phone with him, and he repeated everything I said! It's so funny when he messes up words. One of his favorite movies is Lion King, and he has to watch all the previews before the movie. The first one is for Pocahontas. He was watching it yesterday and came in and told us "It's Pokey-Pontas!" and ran back to watch some more. Too cute!

No comments: