Tuesday, November 04, 2008

To God Be the Glory

I think that title adequately expressed the theme for Jill (Jarvis) Atteberry's life. I found out about Jill's tragic death last night as I was browsing through blogs from my Aggie buds. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I was expecting to see her and Scott this weekend at a meeting in Conway. I actually look forward to meetings for the simple reason that talking with Jill and Scott seems to brighten those dreary hours!

I don't know that Jill will ever know the impact she had on so many lives. She loved God and she loved people. An awesome legacy to leave to her little man, Bryce. As a mom, I am saddened that she will not see him grow up. As a wife, I am saddened that she and Scott will not have a long, happy marriage and enjoy growing old together.

However, I must take comfort that Jill is rejoicing in Heaven today and sitting at Jesus' feet. My little tiny mind doesn't do a great job comprehending that there is so much more that this short life. May God help me to have a Kingdom mindset in all things.

We will all miss Jill. I remember teaching aerobics with her at the ABS center. I remember so many things about her. She was always a light in a dark world. Please pray for Scott, Bryce, and the rest of the family during this time. I can't imagine what they're going through. Chris and I were talking about how this could happen to any of us at any time. All of us have unbuckled to turn around and take care of a baby at one point. I know I have. I hope we all realize what a gift each day is and what a gift our loved ones are. I'll not let folks not know how much I love them now. May God allow me to be a light like Jill.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm sorry sweetie! I didn't want you to find out from a blog! I tried to call your cell phone several times on Sunday night after we got the call, but it was busy every time, and that's the only number I have for you guys for some reason....then I just didn't think about emailing you - my brain was mush, I guess...

I kept thinking about us teaching aerobics at the ABS center with her and how much fun that was, too...

It's amazing what type of an impact she had in such a short time, huh?

(((hugs)))