Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Moments

Well, we're back in the swing of things up here in Arkansas. I'm wrapping up the semester and posting grades.....

I only had one student appt. yesterday, so I was able to pick the boys up from school (which never happens!). Afterwards, I called Chris, and he was at Lifeway, so we headed there, too. We had to hit the Veggie Tales/Kids section of course. But, up in the front of the store was a kids nativity set. It comes with a book to tell the stories of all the characters in the nativity. Each character comes in a little box. Caleb proceeds to take each person/animal out of the boxes and set up the nativity. As he does, he's singing Silent Night. How sweet! I didn't even know he knew that song yet! He learned it at school. It was so adorable!! The final box is "what God wants for Christmas." It's a box with a mirror in the bottom, so it's you. Caleb asks why that box is empty, and I tell him it's what God wants for Christmas and show him the mirror. In his 4 year-old wisdom, he looks at me with that silly grin and says, "Mommy, I'm not a Christmas present!! That's just a mirror." You gotta love that logic!

We spent the day Monday cleaning up around here and decorating the outside of the house for Christmas. We have a huge "Frosty" in front this year. The kids love the lights and the snowman. Caleb was a great helper (haha) for his daddy while I took care of Joshua and made us some yummy hot chocolate! I'll post some pics later!

No comments: