Monday, December 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Weekend

My mother-in-law's birthday was Sat. She turned 50, and all of us kids were going to throw her a little party. She LOVES Mercados in Tyler, so we all were going to go eat. Well, it ended up being Sun. lunch, but she had a good time! My job was to get the cake and balloons. I called Brookshire's and ordered a white cake with white icing and black writing and confetti-ish decorations. When I went to pick it up, the whole cake was black!!! There was even a little mound of icing in the center for "over the hill"! It was horrible looking! I was supposed to get all black balloons too, but I made an executive decision and put a little color into the party with those! The cake, as bad as it looked, was actually good! The icing, amazingly enough, was white underneath all the black! It looked like they had just painted black on the top!

Poor Caleb spiked a temp this weekend. That was the only thing wrong with him, though! Once his Tylenol or Motrin kicked in, he was running around like a crazy man! He's doing much better today. When I dropped him off this morning, he just looked at me, waved, and said "Bye, Momma!" I guess he doesn't need my petting anymore! Lucky for me, he's become a little more attached to his daddy, too. Now Chris can console him too!

My in-laws decided that yesterday was a good day to give the grandkids their Christmas presents, so we went over there when they got in from Tyler. Caleb had just gotten up from his nap, so he was a little groggy (and grumpy) at first. But, he eventually realized that there was something fun under that SpongeBob paper, and he unwrapped his basketball goal! Nathan got one, too, and they were having a blast with them. We set them up in the carport, and we had a full court basketball game going! They'd run from each goal to the next "shooting" their balls and having the best time. That was the best they had played together in a long time! It was short-lived, though, because they were fighting by the end of the evening! Oh well, one day maybe they'll get along!

No comments: