Monday, April 27, 2009

Randomness....

Yes, it's been a while....

I was reading another blog just now, & I agree with Melissa- I've been stinking busy and can't remember why! For the first half of last week, Chris was in Branson for a meeting, and I had to stay behind to work. The one week that I couldn't reschedule stuff had to be last week! I really wanted to go to Branson. So, the kids and I had a big time, didn't do much, but had fun playing!

We hosted a youth rally on Friday night. It went fabulously! I have dusted off the old keyboard and started playing again, and a group of us led worship. So great to be a part of people singing praises to our great God! I was totally nervous because I had to play one song without other instruments (I like not being the leader here!), but it went well. Some of our jr. high students did a skit, and Chris spoke for a few minutes. It was great!

Saturday we went to a petting zoo at the university. The kids had a ball, of course! Caleb didn't really want to pet them at first (strange mood, I guess!), but he was not to be outdone by little brother! The funniest part was when the turkey gobbled at him and scared him! Then it was just funny. Caleb would walk towards his cage, and the turkey would let loose. Too funny! We went with our friends Justin and Jamie. They don't have kids yet, and Jamie was just as excited as the kids...or more! She's a hoot!

Yesterday was our last service in the old building! We make the complete move sometime this week. Pray for a smooth transition! I'm so excited to get this building program behind us!

Today I took the kids for shots. Yes, both of them were due. Caleb had to get his 4 year-old series for pre-K, and I'm just a couple of months late for Joshua's 18 month stuff. We went to the health dept. Where I come from, just a quick stop, but here....3 stinking hours! ugh!!! The kids did well waiting; Joshua even fell asleep. Then for the shooting time...they actually did OK! Caleb was good for 2 and only let loose for the last one. Joshua's just a tough little guy and got better as soon as he saw that lollipop!

So, I guess I do remember a little of my random, crazy week! Now I just have 3 more days of school! I'll be done Thurs. afternoon! Whoo hoo!!!

No comments: