Monday, September 18, 2006

CRAZINESS!!!

Wow! Life has been busy lately. I don't think I've just stopped for more than a couple of hours in forever! This school thing has me crazy. I've got TONS of reading to do, and I have to post some stuff online. It's much better than going to class, but I've had to do some tweaking to my schedule to get everything in! Last week I had to go to Austin for a meeting, so I had lots of time to myself to get school done. YEAH! That was about the only thing great about my trip. The meeting was very informative and everything, but I don't like leaving home for 3 days. Austin does have some pretty good restaurants, too!

While I was gone, Caleb got a bit of a cold. He was coughing and snotty. He ran a little fever Wed., but it didn't slow him down too much. By the time I got home Thurs. night, he was basically his regular self. He sat around a little more than normal, but no more fever. He still has some coughing spells, but mostly better!

Friday, I experienced the best form of birth control around! I kept my sister-in-law's three kids (ages 2, 5, and 10) so she and my brother-in-law could go out on a date. Then my 10 year-old nephew found out where all the kids were and decided to come over, too! So, in my tiny hole of a house, we had 5 kids along with Chris and me. It was a madhouse! Luckily, it was a nice evening, so they all played outside till dark. Then I had to get all 5 bathed so they didn't stink up my house! Bedtime was pretty crazy too. Nathan (the 2 year-old) was a little hard to get down, but his fabulous big sis, Bria, was a huge help! I finally crashed a little before midnight. Then Nathan woke up around 4! He laid back down with me, but he didn't really go back to sleep well until 6. Then everyone woke up around 8. Talk about a crazy night! I love the little boogers, but I don't think I want 5 kids!

Then Caleb and I traveled to Fairfield for my grandma's 80th birthday party. Chris was on call and couldn't leave town. It was a lot of fun, and I got to see lots of family members I hadn't seen in a while. I would have liked to seen more of them. My cousin Wendy's little boy, Wade, has gotten so big! We really should see each other more often! I don't think I've seen them in about 3-4 months, so Wade's really changed. He'll be 1 in Nov.

Now I'm back to work (and school) after my crazy weekend. It was nice to be out of the office for half the week last week; it's just hard to get back in the swing of things!

No comments: