Wednesday, September 27, 2006

ARG!

Yesterday I was going to Dallas. I had an appt. at noon. What happened? I was driving (and safely I might add!), and all of a sudden I hit something, who knows what, and I heard this loud BANG! I thought maybe I'd had a blow out, but my car didn't feel like the wheels were messed up. So, when I pulled over and walked around the car, I found gas gushing out of the tank! I hit something that put a pretty good gash in the tank because the gas that I bought yesterday morning was flooding the grass! So I was stranded about halfway between Jacksonville and Dallas. I finally got a hold of Chris, and he headed to my rescue. And, my fabulous father-in-law brought his trailer and hauled the car back to Jacksonville. In the meantime, I got my appt. rescheduled, and I got to Dallas around 12:40! Whew! What a day!

Now I'm counting down the hours till noon tomorrow. I'm going on my first ever camping trip! For real deal, sleep in a tent camping trip! We're heading up to Arkansas, and it should be a blast. Luckily, I didn't tear up the van, so we're still good to go with that vehicle!

I think that Caleb's figuring out that it's fun to go to the grandparents' houses. I already wrote how excited he got at my folks' house last weekend. Now last night he decided he wanted his MeMaw. Helen and Farrah came over to get some luggage from us, and when they were leaving, Caleb just followed them to the truck and got in! He thought he needed to go with MeMaw. I didn't put up a fuss either! I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep! So we kissed him, and off he went, and I was asleep by 9! YEAH!

No comments: