Monday, September 25, 2006

Whoopin' Weekend

We got to go to College Station for the football game on Saturday. We dropped Caleb off at my parents' house on our way through, and he wasn't the least bit upset that we were leaving! I told him I loved him and kissed him, and he threw that hand up in the air and said "BYE!" Glad to know I'm loved.....

College Station was great. It's always nice to get down there and eat some good College Station food. We got to eat some wings with Rebecca and catch up with her. You would know it that right after we got to the football game, the lightning got really bad and it came a downpour. I'm no longer one of those hard-core, sit in the rain Aggie fans (I'm getting too old!), so we left. Eventually it cleared up, but we didn't go back. Oh well, it was a fun day anyway!

Yesterday we had a birthday lunch for my dad. Emily said that we had to have birthday candles for his cake, and she helped him blow them out. Then Caleb decided it was his turn to "blow it." He remembered that last weekend was Grandma's birthday party because when I would talk to him about it being Pop's birthday or when he'd see Grandma, he kept saying "Happy Birthday, Grandma!" Talk about a good memory! After lunch I was holding Evan, and Caleb got so jealous. He thought he should be up in my lap too. So he was on one leg and Even on the other. Caleb looks like a giant next to Evan! He was cute though, and kept pointing at him and saying "baby Eh-en." How jealous will he be when he becomes a big brother? Maybe he'll handle it better by then!

No comments: