Saturday, October 18, 2008

But Mom, if you.....

Caleb is working on his negotiating skills. We went to the mall today. Our fall wardrobes leave a bit to be desired! We were headed back to the car (after a not very successful trip!) and had to pass Build-A-Bear. There was a lady standing outside the store, but I didn't pay much attention to her. Caleb was being his slow-poke self because he was getting tired, so he was a few steps behind me. Apparently, the lady was giving stickers away. Caleb caught up to me as I was going in the last store and told me he needed to go back to the "bear shop" and get a yellow sticker because "yellow is my favorite color." Now, his favorite color has seemed to change a lot lately due to whatever he seems to want at the time! I told him I wasn't going back and dropped it. As we headed to Target to leave, he matter of factly tells me, "Well Mom, if you don't let me get a sticker, I won't let you buy me any more toys." OK I say! I guess he won't be getting any more toys! He told me that all the way to the car. Poor kid! He just doesn't get the whole negotiating thing!

Joshua is mastering the art of pouting. (He gets that from his dad!) Yesterday, I don't know what I did, but it made him mad, so he walked away from me with his back to me toward the fireplace. He wouldn't acknowledge my existence when I talked to him! He just stood there with that precious little frown on his face and ignored me! It was so stinkin' cute! He didn't last long, though, because he saw that I was on the floor, and apparently that means it's time to wrestle. He ran and piled on me! What a sweetie.

This morning we headed to Wal-Mart to order Chris some new contacts. The boys were so darn cute when we dressed them (we had accidentally semi matched them!). So, we got their pics made at Wal-Mart. So cute!!!! We did the fall backgrounds. They were so precious! I can't wait to get them back.

Last night, I got to go on a hot date with my husband! Our Sunday School class all met to watch Fireproof. Awesome movie! Take your tissues! I'm totally turning into my mom the older I get. I was sniffling the whole time. Thank goodness for the funny parts! Seriously, you should all go see that movie. It was fabulous. My mom says one of her counseling buddies thinks that movie should be a must-see for all married couples and actually gave that as an assignment to a struggling couple! We had a great dinner beforehand and loved the movie. I even got a great cup of coffee afterwards! One of the ladies from church volunteered her time to watch the kids, and she and her kids came to the house. The boys had a blast and didn't even miss us! Great night!

No comments: