Monday, October 13, 2008

Girls Aren't Tough!

Saturday was one of those days when all you feel like you do is say "No! Stop that! Don't do that!" I know you all know what I'm talking about! Caleb was just being so bad that day! I got on to him most of the day. It didn't matter how I disciplined him, he was acting up 5 minutes later. That evening we were sitting in the living room, and I pulled him into my lap. I told him I knew I had been tough on him that day, but I wanted him to mind me and be a good boy. We talked about doing what Mommy and Daddy say, not talking back, etc. Here I thought we were having this great talk about how to act properly, when he looks at me (all cute, mind you, with that thoughtful expression on his face), and says, "Mom, girls aren't tough!" What???? Such a goofball! So, girls aren't tough, they're sweet (and he says they like to kiss boys!). Where does he come up with this stuff????

MeMaw and Papa came to visit yesterday.....and brought toys. Joshua got a bouncy zebra thing (which he loves!) and Caleb got a remote control dinosaur. I don't think they've stopped playing except to sleep since they got them! I'm going to have to turn the living room into the playroom if they don't stop getting toys! And...Caleb's birthday is in a couple of weeks. Too many toys!!! I think we're going to have to weed through them again before Christmas!

I finished up one of my classes today. I had to sit through hours of head to toe assessments....arg! It wasn't bad; at least my group of students was prepared! This accelerated program is crazy fast. They just did in 7 weeks what my sophomores do in 15. At least I'll have Wed mornings off for the rest of the semester! I'll pick this group back up in the spring. I've decided I like being a college teacher. Class schedules are so much better than high schools. I've got great hours! Hope you all have a great week!

No comments: