Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Poor Baby!

Caleb has been after me to see Beverly Hills Chihuahua since he saw a preview on a movie he rented last week. Chris did NOT want to go, so I told Caleb I would take him yesterday when I got off work. Chris's mom joined us at the 4:00 show. Caleb was so excited....he loves to go to the "big movie theater." We got our popcorn and sat down to watch the show. It wasn't as bad as I expected. At some point during the show, Caleb said he was cold, so his MeMaw gave him her jacket. Then he fell asleep! This was totally NOT my child. He does not take naps! He decided a long time ago that he was too big for that, and if he does for some reason take a nap, it is impossible to get him to bed that night. He slept for the last 20 or so minutes of the show. When he woke up, I noticed he looked a little off. I asked if he felt bad, and he said his belly kind of felt funny. I felt of him, and he felt a bit feverish. So, we went home, and sure enough, he had a fever. My child also refuses to take children's liquid medicines. So I chopped up a Tylenol and he went to take it. He usually is so good at swallowing pills, but not yesterday. He just spit and gagged. So we decided we'd go get some chewable pills since we needed to take back some movies. In the meantime, he lies down on the floor, still dressed (which is also abnormal for my no-pants-wearing child!) and covers up with a blanket. I asked if he wanted to go to town with me and he told me he "really" wanted to go to the movie store. Off we went. We were in the movie store and he sat down on the floor and threw up! ARG! I cleaned that mess...the girl working looked really young and totally not into cleaning up our mess, so I cleaned up as best I could. We had the talk about telling me when he needs to throw up so we could lessen the mess, and he informed me that he didn't need to do that anymore and that it was "OK Mom" accidents just happen! What a ham!

We finally got home, and he loves his chewable Tylenol. He went right to sleep but woke up around 3:30 this morning. Chris went in there with him. That little punk stayed up till 5 am! Chris said he talked his ear off the whole time! He seems to be doing much better now...jumping around hollering and all! Joshua did the same thing a few days ago, so I guess it's just a little short bug. Joshua doesn't know any better to slow down when he's sick, but I knew Caleb was sick when he wasn't his usual self!

Well, I've got a class this afternoon....I guess I should go get all "teacher=y!"

No comments: