Monday, June 26, 2006

Crazy Teenagers!

We took a few girls to Dallas this weekend for the Youth Evangelism Conference. It was fun, loud, but fun! The girls are all 13-14 years old, and my ears got tired from listening to them! They talked all the way to Dallas! I even called my mom to see if I was like that when I was with my friends when we were teenagers. She gave me a resounding YES! I don't remember being that girly, but I know we did like to talk! Anyway, we had a great time listening to great bands and speakers, and I know the girls liked it, too. One of the mothers told me that her daughter talked non-stop about it for an hour after we got home Sat. evening.

Caleb got to go spend the night with my parents. My niece was in cheerleading camp last week, and they went to the pep rally on Fri. Emily's 3, so this was her first camp, and she got the spirit stick! She was so excited and had to tell me all about it when I called to check on Caleb Fri. evening. He had a ball at Nana and Pop's house. I think my parents have just as much fun with him ( or watching him act all crazy)!

Last night Chris's mom kept him while we went to church. Lucky for us, she cooked supper while we were gone, so we got to mooch off her good cooking last night! She made some cream peas, and I loved them! I'm not much of a pea eater usually, but these were good. When we were getting ready to go, Caleb was being a "big kid" running around outside with his cousins. He was getting so dirty, but it was too cute! I was about to take him in to get a bath before we left, but Chris's mom asked if he could spend the night. YEAH! I got to sleep late this morning and didn't have to go right back out there early today. So, when I left he was kicking up the sand with the other kids, not even caring that we were leaving. It's always more fun at the grandparents' houses!

No comments: