Monday, June 05, 2006

Blur

The last week has just passed by in a blur. I don't even remember what was happening the last time I blogged! I was sick all last week with some kind of head cold/sinus stuff/whatever. I took all kinds of sinus/allergy medication, and finally I took some benadryl Thurs. night and knocked myself out. I felt hung over the next day, but at least my eyes weren't watering! We had a discipleship retreat with the kids this weekend. It was fun. I had some crazy girls! They stayed up all night Fri. night and were pretty useless Sat. morning. We had a good time though.

When we wrapped things up Sat. evening, we went to a couple of the girls' dance recital. Luckily, we had Caleb, so we couldn't stay long! My girls were the fourth number, so we were out of there in 30 minutes! Chris and I didn't want to go home, so we went for a drive. Caleb was chilling in the backseat watching Ice Age, and we hit the road. It was nice to see some scenery that I've never seen and have some time to talk with my man!

Caleb is trying to carry on whole conversations now. He just babbles and babbles, and I get a few of the words, but he thinks he's speaking in whole paragraphs! It's too cute. We went to Mercado's with the family last night. Chris's family from Colorado is about to head home, so we all went to eat together. I think there were 18 of us. Poor waitress! We had a good time, and of course, the tortillas were fantastic! Caleb was such a good boy, too! He's been kind of cranky lately when we go out to eat, so this was a good break! He was a little pig, too! He stuffed himself on tortillas, beans, and rice! Then he topped it off with an ice cream cone, which he eats from the bottom up. Luckily, he didn't make a huge mess.

For me to have been feeling so nasty, I didn't get a break! I wish I had a day off to recuperate!

No comments: