Monday, August 21, 2006

happy birthday!

We went to Fairfield Fri. night for a big birthday bash. Chappie's birthday is tomorrow, and my aunt Carol's birthday was Friday, so we had a double party at my folk's house. Caleb and Emily were very entertaining with blowing out the candles. Caleb wanted to "blow it" when we lit Chappie's candles, so he and Emily got to go help. It was fun to hang out with the fam and catch up. I hadn't seen Mike and Carol for a while.

Chris didn't get to go because he was on call all weekend, so we headed home Sat. after breakfast. It was a wonderfully lazy day! Chris and I got to go to the movies in the afternoon, and we just relaxed the rest of the day. Those kind of days don't happen very often!

Caleb is really getting into singing his songs. His latest favorite is "The Itsy Bitsy Spider." Every night when we lay down for bed, he's added this song to my list. I ask him which song he wants to sing, and he says, "I want the spider!" Chris doesn't know the words or the motions that well, so the other night when Caleb asked for the spider, Chris gave it his best shot. In the middle of the song (when Caleb was doing the motions, not Chris!), he said, "I want Mommy." Chris got booted! So, I had to come sing the song and teach it to Daddy.

Yesterday, Caleb was sitting on the couch next to me "reading" his book, and he decided to strike up another song. He looked up at me all serious and sang "Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so." That's about as far as he got, but how cute is that!? He's such a sweetie!

No comments: