Monday, April 24, 2006

Quack! Quack!

We had a great time this weekend in Houston. I went for my scholarship interview Fri. afternoon, and I got it! There's some of my school paid for! Then we headed down to Robin and Matt's. It was great to catch up and hang out with friends. That doesn't happen very often!

Sat. morning we headed to the park to feed the ducks. Apparently their neighborhood is a bird sanctuary. There are tons of ducks and other birds there. Caleb had a blast feeding the ducks. At first, there were only a few ducks, but after all the "quacking" started, we were joined by several more ducks and birds. Caleb kept saying "Quack! Quack!" at the ducks. Too cute! We taught him how to throw the bread at the ducks, and he got a big kick out of that. I think Chris and I had more fun, though. We found out if you throw the bread in the air, the birds will catch it in midair. We had a lot of fun.

After feeding the ducks and playing at the playground, we headed to Kemah. I just love it down there! We walked along the boardwalk, and Caleb kept pointing out all the boats to us. There were tons of boats going in and out of the bay! After a quick bite to eat, we hit the rides. We all rode the train, and Caleb and I rode the carousel. He loved the "choo-choo", which he kept saying the whole time we were riding it! He wasn't so sure about the carousel at first; he kept reaching at me and grabbing my shirt, but by the end he was smiling and having a big time. He thought he was so big riding his zebra! After all that excitement, he was pooped! It was time to head back here anyway, so at least he slept a good part of the drive home!

I just love weekends like this one. It's fun to introduce Caleb to new things. I just love it! It's so much fun to spend time with my family. I love my boys! This week is Chris's spring break, so I'm taking a holiday on Thurs. Only 3 workdays this week! Too bad he has to work the weekend though. At least I'll get to see him Thurs! Have a great week, everyone!

No comments: