Thursday, April 20, 2006

Sandman

Not that there was ever any doubt, but Caleb is definitely "all boy!" While he was out at his grandparents' house yesterday, they were out playing outside. They've been doing some work to their yard, so there's plenty of sand to play in. Well, Caleb apparently was rolling (literally rolling!) around in the dirt and would keep getting on his belly and sticking out his tongue into the sand! Where did he pick this habit up? Who knows! Then he had to pick up the sand and pour it all over himself! My mother-in-law told me he was completely covered before it was all over! He had just had a bath when I picked him up, so he was nice and clean for me, but I could tell he'd been playing hard because there was still a little sand in his ear!

Then he wanted to play in the dirt at church, too! He got mad when I wouldn't let him. I didn't want to give him another bath! So he occupied himself picking me flowers and grass. It's so exciting to grab a handful of grass, you know. He's such a sweetie. He would come up to me with a flower and say, "Flower." After I would tell him thank you, he said, "You're welcome!" I surely hope these good manners last! I'm sure we'll have to keep working on them for the next 18 years or so!

Well, now we're gearing up for our big trip to Houston tomorrow. I have a scholarship interview tomorrow, and then we're going to hang out with Matt and Robin! Fun stuff here we come!

No comments: