Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy "Day After Mother's Day!"

I had a great Mother's Day weekend. It's kind of fun being a mom! Saturday, Caleb and I went to see my mom. Chris stayed behind to study and go to his sister's graduation. My sis-in-law is now (almost, once she passes boards) Farrah, RDH! She graduated from dental hygiene school. Yeah, Farrah! Anyway, Mom, Chappie, and I went to this mother-daughter tea thing at Mom's church. Good food......not a lot of entertainment. But I got to talk to a lot of people I haven't seen in a while. Caleb had a great time playing with Pop and Grandma.

Yesterday, I was the youngest mom in church! Never thought that would happen. You can definitely tell I go to church with older people for me to be the youngest mom! Caleb got me a great present: a necklace and a gift certificate for a mani/pedi! The guys of the family were supposed to be cooking us moms lunch yesterday, and somehow I got a blister on my finger from the scorching hot potatoes I was fixing! I have to pick on Chris for that because he was really going to help! Oh well, we told the guys that they could cook for Father's Day! After lunch, we decided that since it was Mother's Day they could keep the kids, and we'd go to the movies. So Farrah, Helen, and I jumped in the cool minivan and headed out to see Just My Luck. I really thought it would be funnier, but it was worth my $4! (I love matinees!)

Chris is in finals today and tomorrow. I can't believe he's already half way through with school! It's just flying by! Ya'll keep him in your prayers during finals!

No comments: