Monday, May 22, 2006

Not So Relaxing Weekend

I got an extended weekend....Caleb woke up at 1:30am Wed. night with a fever. He wouldn't go back to sleep and was whiny/crying, so around 4:30, we packed up in the car and went for a ride so his daddy could get some sleep before having to get up for work. I, obviously, called in on Thurs. You know Caleb isn't feeling well if he doesn't sleep through the night! He is my child! He finally went to sleep around 5:30, and we went home just in time for Chris to get up. His fever came and went all day Thurs. and into Fri. so I took him to the doctor Fri. morning. Of course, as soon as I did that, he started feeling better! Now he's back to his old self being too cute and silly!

Saturday we messed around the house for most of the day. Chris had to go into work for a couple of hours and do a case (he was on call for surgery). Then we decided to get out of the house for a while. I'd been holed up there since Thurs.! We went to Tyler and checked out the new Gander Mountain. It's not nearly as nice as the one in Corsicana, but Chris got his fix! We piddled around Tyler and tried out a new restaurant, Carreta's. All I can say is the tortillas were fantastic. Other than that, not so great!

Yesterday, we made a flying trip to see my niece Emily in her dance recital. She was so cute! She's only 3, so you can imagine a bunch of little 3-year old girls on stage! I'm a proud aunt, though, and I thought she stole the show! We got to hang out with the parents and my brother and sis-in-law for a while, and that was fun. We even got to get some refreshing at my old church last night. It was nice to go somewhere different. I just love my old pastor. He is so passionate about Christ, and that translates into his preaching. It was a great night.

So here I am back at work, and already looking forward to Thurs. Then it's a 4 day weekend!

No comments: