Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Little Monster

I don't know what's gotten into my little man in the last couple of days! He can go from being the sweetest thing you've ever seen to the worst little monster in the blink of an eye! Last night we went to Farrah's pinning ceremony. She's graduating from dental hygiene school this weekend. Caleb was a monster from the time I hopped in the car! He didn't want to sit still (of course, he is only 18 months old!), and he was so loud while we were standing outside the auditorium! He had seen this big fountain outside on our way in, and he kept going to the window and saying "Water!" So, finally after I saw Farrah get her pin, we went outside to the water. I let him take his socks and shoes off and put his toes in the water, and we threw a few pennies in, too. He had a blast for these few minutes. I kind of felt bad because when the other kids out there saw Caleb in the water, they wanted to take their shoes off, too! He screamed and hollared when it was time to go, and I knew he was probably hungry, but when we got to Cheddar's, he didn't eat much. He did, however, disrupt most of the other people around us with his whining! I think we just waited too long, and then he was too pooped to eat! I finally laid his little head on my shoulder and rocked him a bit, and he went straight to sleep. Then we were talking about how sweet he is. Can you believe it? I have a crazy night fighting with the little monster, and I still think he's about the sweetest little guy on the planet! I guess that's what love is......He really must have been wiped out because he didn't make a sound all night!

No comments: